Saturday, October 4, 2008

Covert Installation to speed sensor connectors on freightliner, kenworth, peterbilt, volvo, sterling, international and others

Now, let me share a few of my secrets with you on the installation part of the EGOR device (Electronic Governor Over-Ride) device, otherwise known as the SafetyPass Pro. It is important to note that a permanent installation can be completely undetectable if done correctly.

Slip-Seater Express install
Now for the freight-haulers (Line-drivers) and other slip-seaters the install cables can be hooked up before each trip and removed afterward. It takes about 1 min or less once you know what to do and where to plug in. It becomes routine very quickly.
But... you know I was a line-driver for a few years and I never knew which truck I would be driving when I came to work. There was a choice from about 6 or 7 trucks, so I just wired all of them, permanently. This did cost me a little coin for the extra cables but It was worth it because I didn't have to crawl under the truck any more. I also found a link for the fastertruck.com/wholesale page, so that helped too. After all the trucks were wired, I would just jump in the cab to start my trip and hook-up the unit with the RCA jacks. That takes all of 15 seconds. When I finished my shift and got back to the yard, I removed the device and hooked the RCA jacks together on the install cable, then I would tuck the Rca's under the dash and then the truck runs just like it did before the unit was installed, perfectly normal speed governor operation at 62mph in my case. Ughhh!

Tip: Don't forget to plug-in the rca's on the main cable when you get done working
because otherwise the engine will run like crap, error codes and shut-down codes will result.



Permanent Installation with covert results

The installation kit that comes with the unit is all you need for most trucks. The connectors
matched on just about every truck I hooked it up on. You can check your own connectors at the faster truck site.


Step 1. Grab the main cable, crawl under the truck, find your speed sensor connectors, separate them and plug in the main cable, or the adapter cable if you need it, to your vehicles mating connectors. They only plugin one way, so it's not that hard to figure out. Just be careful of the metal pins inside the connectors and try not to bend them.

Step 2. Run the RCA end of the main cable right along side of the main electrical wire harness bundle that comes from the engine compartment, it is usually attached to frame. Strap the main install cable to this bundle with the black cable ties that came with your device and follow to the firewall. Use a cable tie every foot or so. Look for an existing 3/8" hole in the firewall or squeeze in along side the existing wire harness to provide interior access to the RCA jacks. On my Freightliner Columbia I had to drill a 3/8" hole directly above the throttle pedal which worked good.

Once the RCA's are inside the cab, just route behind the center dash console or anywhere you think would be appropriate and handy for you. They should be placed in an out-of-the-way location but easy for you to grab when you're ready to hook up the speed governor increaser device.
Undetectability -Here's how you make the installation invisible to just about everyone, even the installer.

Step 4. First, double-check your installation on the bottom end and make any fine adjustments. Then take a can of WD-40 and spray the entire vehicle cable harness from the speed sensor location all the way to the firewall. Within 2 weeks and a few dusty parking lots later you will not be able to tell where the install cable is located and neither will anyone else, not even experienced mehanics. I've had speed sensors malfunction and replaced and no one said a thing because it all looked normal and I did a kick ass installation, all neat and tidy.

Now, for maximum effect to keep people from looking around under your truck, instead of WD-40, spray diesel fuel all over the top of the tranny, wire harness bundles and speed sensor connectors. This is excellent repellent for cops and mechanics alike. I learned this technique because I had a fuel leak on Detroit series 60 engine one time and it completely doused the Tranny, inner frame rails, drive-shaft and even the rear-ends so this is not considered that unusual or abnormal.

Please post to comments if you have any questions about EGOR and thanks for reading my blog.


Step 3.
Share SHARE on Facebook Twitter Tumblr More...